For Crust & Crumble
- 6 tbs Coconut Oil or Sunflower oil
- 1½ cups Whole wheat flour
- 1½ cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 tbs Creamy Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Honey or Agave syrup
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1tsp Cinnamon Powder
- pinch of salt
For The Strawberry Filling
- 2 1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 180°C
Line a tray with parchment paper.
Start by making the crust and crumble. Place the whole wheat flour, oats, honey, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Add in coconut oil or sunflower oil. Mix all together very well. The mixture should be a little dry and crumbly. You can add a bit of oil if the mixture is too dry. Remove 1 cup of the mixture aside as this will be used for the crumble topping.
Press the mixture evenly on the tray.
- Mightly mash the strawberry and scatter them on the mixture evenly. Sprinkle some lemon juice on top
Add the remaining crumble mixture on the strawberries.
Bake the bars for 40-45 minutes.
Remove the bars from the pan to cool for 10 minutes.
Enjoy with coffee!