They are the healthier option of blueberry muffins with almond butter; high in fiber and certainly without refined sugar. Really delicious!
(Makes 11-12 muffins)
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup oat flour ( or you can process oats to a flour in a food processor)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 sea salt
1/3 cup honey
1 cup yogurt ( you can use low-fat yogurt)
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cup blueberries
If you are not using the greek style yogurt then add more honey to the mix ( 1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line the muffin tray with 12 muffin papers.
- Mix the whole wheat flour, oat flour, salt & baking soda altogether and set aside.
- In another bowl add the almond butter, honey, yogurt, egg, & vanilla extract. You can use the electric mixer to mix everything or whisk the mixture manually.
- Add the dry mixture to the liquid one and mix all together evenly until a batter is formed.
- Add the blueberries to the batter and mix further.
- Scoop the batter ( a heaped tablespoon) into the muffin tray. You can add extra blueberries or chocolate chips on top if you like.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the toothpick that is inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire. Serve or store in a container in the fridge.
- You can freeze the leftover muffins and take them out later; Microwave them for about 5 min. Enjoy!